The ash has finally begun to settle in Kings Landing following the series finale of HBO’s landmark high fantasy drama series “Game of Thrones“, and that means it’s time for a complete series box set release!
Announced this morning by HBO, fans can look forward to an absolutely GORGEOUS complete collection box set that will contain all 8 seasons of the show, as well as the reunion special and other goodies.
“Game of Thrones”®: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Complete Series and Season 8 formats also exclusively feature:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
A little preview of what the complete series box set will look like:
HBO will also release “Game of Thrones”: Season 8 in a stunning 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ Steelbook, and the single season DVD/Blu-ray™. Additionally, “Game of Thrones”: The Complete Series will also be available on DVD/Blu-ray™ without the collectible packaging.
These sets are loaded with extra content and will also be available to own on December 3rd, 2019.