Ubisoft’s press conference at last year’s E3 was widely considered to be one of the best, trumping even the manufacturer trinity in terms of presentation and wow factor. Since there’s no way a publisher is going to steal the show in the face of new hardware announcements (short of announcing their own, I suppose), this year’s was a mite less exciting, but still had plenty to show, especially in impressive new IPS:
- The Division – Wicked looking TPS/RPG set in a persistent, massive world.
- Trials Fusion
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Rabbids Invasion – A pretty cool idea: a TV show that players can interact with via Kinect
- Just Dance 2014
- The Crew – An MMORacer that had a pretty impressive looking live demo
- Watch Dogs was well received, even if the trailer had leaked
- South Park: The Stick of Truth – New super tiny, admittedly hilarious trailer
- The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot had me laughing, though I was supposed to be working at the time
- Rayman Legends
- New Splinter Cell: Blacklist Trailer
- Rocksmith 2014
Certainly some cool stuff in the lineup: Watch Dogs, The Division and South Park probably ranking up in my favorites so far. I’d give Ubisoft the overall leg up over EA, definitely a more palpable sense of excitement over what they had to show. We’ll go in-depth on the games soon.