If you are a “Twin Peaks” fan, chances are you’ll want to pick up this brand-new [pretty much] all-inclusive blu-ray box set, with a super, and we mean SUPER limited amount available…to the tune of 25,000 copies worldwide.
What you’ll be getting:
- Never-before-released behind-the-scenes footage shot by Jason S. and Charles de Lauzirika, of David Lynch shooting the 3rd season in approximately 20-30 minute pieces titled “Behind the Curtain,” edited and included for each of the 18 Parts.
- A newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with David Lynch biographer, Kristine McKenna, to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks.
- Get “On the Couch” with Deputy Andy and Lucy Moran/Brennan as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories in a newly-produced featurette.
- A compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of the Roadhouse performances as first seen in Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series.
- A special 4K UHD disc with new ultra-high def transfers overseen by David Lynch of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, its international version, and the 2017 season’s most acclaimed episode, Part 8.
TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will be housed in packaging with an exterior adorned by a wraparound vista of haunting and majestic Douglas Fir trees. Once opened, a depiction of the infamous Red Room is revealed with its brown and crème chevron floor and brilliant red curtains. Sitting in front of the red curtain will be an exclusive die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Special Agent Dale Cooper. This acrylic figure comes inside a plastic display holder held in place by magnets.
Fans will have the option of leaving the figure in place inside The Red Room environment or removing and displaying it elsewhere. The plastic holder can also serve as an easel to display individual images from The Red Room Gallery, a curated set of 5” x 5” printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room. Each package will also contain an individually numbered collectible certificate.
It’ll hit on December 10th 2019, but you can order the box set through Amazon here.
There will ALSO be a blu-ray set of the complete television collection, with all 29 episodes of the original show, and the 18-part SHOWTIME limited event series, “Twin Peaks: The Return.” It’ll have already-released bonus features and content.
The television collection be available starting October 15th 2019, but you can pre order it now via Amazon here.
And of course- if you’re a fan of David Lynch’s wonderful and strange series, check out Faye Murman’s writeup of experiencing Twin Peaks Fest 2019 here and here.